What is telehealth?
Treatment is offered as a telehealth service, meaning that real-time sessions are conducted on secure video/audio teleconferencing software. Sessions can be conducted on a laptop, desktop, tablet or even your phone! Telehealth allows us to treat the symptoms were they actually occur (home, office, public setting) rather than an office setting that can sometimes create barriers to completing the most effective treatment possible. Current research indicates that telehealth treatment is at least as effective as "face to face" treatment in a therapist's office or treatment facility, and I have many patients (children & adults) that would agree it is actually MORE effective. In addition to excellent treatment outcomes, there are even more benefits to telehealth:
- No additional time and money spent driving.
- No need for finding childcare for siblings.
- Increased access to effective care for those in areas without trained providers.
- Reduces stigma of accessing mental health care.
- Highly secure and confidential.
- ABILITY TO TREAT THE PROBLEM "WHERE IT LIVES"....this can be especially important for OCD & Anxiety Disorders.
- Reduced delays in care.
Stubbings et. al, Comparing In-Person to Videoconference-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Randomized Controlled Trial, Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2013,